Adds Translate button to the WordPress admin bar to translate any selected text.
Adds Translate buttons to BuddyPress and bbPress messages.
Translate translates selected text to current locale: where user is logged in, this is the user’s preferred language.
Perfect for a multilingual Buddypress site, this tool allows your users to translate messages to their own language.
Other tools translate the whole site but a polyglots and language learners may not want this, for learning it is best to see the original, and translate only where necessary.
Or the whole site may be already translated to your preferred language but you are getting messages from other users (or from some untranslated plugin) and you want to translate those.
Currently uses Google Translate.
If you have a feature request, or if you have developed the feature already, please feel free to use the Issues and/or (Pull Requests)[https://github.com/Jon007/jm-buddy-translate/pulls] section.
Plugin translations are provided for English, French, Spanish, Chinese, please feel to contribute more translations.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Plugin Name screen to configure the plugin
(By default the Translate buttons are turned on in all applicable contexts, in Settings you can individually turn off contexts and you can see a few hints on usage.)
அடிக்கடி கேட்கப்படும் கேள்விகள்
- How do I change the style of the translation results?
Each element in the popup translation window has a separate id so it can be restyled easily.
- What browsers has this been tested with?
This tool has been tested ok with up to date versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera Browsers on desktop and mobile.
It’s also been tested Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge with the following notes:
It’s preferable to use Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera etc to avoid problems with Microsoft browsers.
- Why do I get a warning from Internet Explorer?
When the translation tool requests data from Google Translate, Internet Explorer may do an extra check to confirm that the certificate for googleapis.com has not been revoked.
In certain circumstances (for example if the user is located in China and does not have VPN enabled), Internet Explorer may unable to complete this check so will give the warning.
It is possible to accept and continue or to turn off certificate revocation check.
Once accepted the tool
- Why can’t I translate with Microsoft Edge?
See above point for Internet Explorer: the same applies, though Edge browser may be even more strict and fail without giving appropriate error message or opportunity to continue.
Note that whatever the problem, the translation result panel link to Google Translate is still available and will open Google Translate with the selected text.
பங்களிப்பாளர்கள் & உருவாக்குனர்கள்
“JM Buddy Translate” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.பங்களிப்பாளர்கள்
Interested in development?
- formatting improvements for bbPress
- stub code for auto-translate posts (uncomment call at end of .js file to enable)
- updates to documentation and packaging
(2017/04/08) Minor fixes:
* updated Settings screen to use WP settings api
* fixes for change to google results format
* improved default message and readability styling
* Languages: updated Spanish, Chinese, added French
(2017/04/06) Minor fixes:
* Change to load sequence for admin views due to some “headers already sent” type issues.
* removed https from google translate link to allow use in non-SSL site
(2017/04/05) Patching for Internet Explorer compatibility.
(2017/04/04) Initial release.