Makes local copies of all the linked images and pdfs in a post, adding them as gallery attachments.
Source & support:
This plugin is based on the work done in the “Import External Images” plugin by MartyThornley.
HTTPS support added by IvanDoomer:
PDF support added by bengreeley:
number of global variables.
- Download the “Import external attachments” zip file.
- Extract the files to your WordPress plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin via the WordPress Plugins tab.
அடிக்கடி கேட்கப்படும் கேள்விகள்
- How does this plugin work?
The plugin examines the HTML source of your post when you save it, inspecting each IMG tag, and processing them according to the options you have selected.
Under the default settings, it will find IMG tags with links to images on other web sites and copy those images to your web site, updating the IMG src to point to your copy.
PDF functionality was added by bengreeley.
- Does it work with MultiSite?
Yes! It was developed and built (and is used everyday) at PhotographyBlogSites.com – a multisite install.
- What if i don’t want to import images from a third party image hosting site?
You can make it ignore any domain you want on the settings page, in case you work with a CDN or photo hosting site and want to keep those images where they are.
பங்களிப்பாளர்கள் & உருவாக்குனர்கள்
“Import external attachments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.பங்களிப்பாளர்கள்
Interested in development?
- Adds support for pages.
- Adds support for
- Fixes security issue by not directly echoing
$_GET['post']but casting it to
- Adds support for filenames with spaces in them (by removing the space from the exclusion in the regex).
- Makes the regexes slightly easier to read by making them case insensitive.
Add .jpeg support.
Remove duplicate README.
Fix some typos.
Add GitHub link.
Make import_images_start_time a function. Hopefully it works now. :^)
Make import_images_start_time globally accessible.
Merged upstream pull requests from bengreeley and IvanDoomer and changed to ‘Import external attachments’.
Now supports PDFs and HTTPS!
Fixed case sensitivity, thanks to https://github.com/SidFerreira
Fixed duplicate EXTERNAL_IMAGES_DIR notice
Fixed title in readme.