Many devices and browsers provide less-than-ideal colors when selecting text on sites. Users may select text for a variety of reasons, including as a habit when reading or to share a quote. This plugin lets you customize this highlight color with live preview in the customizer.
Note that themes can also customize this color, and in cases where the theme sets the color, this plugin would allow it to be changed to a different color.
- Take the easy route and install through the WordPress plugin adder OR
- Download the .zip file and upload the unzipped folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Customize -> Colors and adjust the highlight color to your option. The highlight color is the selected text background color and the corresponding text color is set automatically.
அடிக்கடி கேட்கப்படும் கேள்விகள்
Issues with Firefox
Within the customizer preview, selection colors may not be visible in Firefox. However, the custom highlight color should work once your changes are saved and you leave the customizer.
Not all browsers handle text selection the same way. This plugin attempts to provide the most consistent experience possible, but some devices and browsers may display highlight colors differently.
Where’s the settings page?
Go to the customizer (Customize) and open the color section. The Highlight Color option will be available here alongside any color options added by your theme or other plugins.
பங்களிப்பாளர்கள் & உருவாக்குனர்கள்
“Custom Highlight Color” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.பங்களிப்பாளர்கள்
Translate “Custom Highlight Color” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Adjust priorities to improve compatibility with the Twenty Nineteen theme.
- Initial public release.